INFORMATION ABOUT THE GOVERNING BODY
The Governing Body is a group of volunteers who work alongside the Head Teacher to support the strategic leadership of the school. We have three core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the leadership to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Much of the work of the Governing Body is around the strategic leadership of the school, which means we support the school leadership team in making both good financial decisions and also making sure that decisions about children's education are good. We track the progress of the school, which means we look at how well our children are performing in their education. We also look at how well our teachers are teaching and support school leaders in helping them to get better.
Each month we hold a full Governing Body meeting and receive reports from the leadership on the progress the school is making. A schedule of our meetings can be found attached at the bottom of this page. All our meetings are open meetings and any parents or members of the wider community can attend to observe.
If you would like to attend, please contact the Head Teacher in advance on email@example.com
Chair of Governors: - Co-opted Governor
Contact Details: Office@stroudgreenprimary.com
Vice Chair of Governors: Elinor Stone - Co-opted Governor
|Name||Role||Date of Appointment||Term||Appointing Body|
|Ann Robinson||Chair of Governors||13 Sept 2018||Sept 21||Co-opted|
|Elinor Stone||Vice Chair||20 Oct 16||Oct 20||Co-opted|
|01 Feb 18||Jan 22||Co-opted|
|Colette Milward||Early Years||14 Dec 16||Dec 20||Parent Governor|
|Fatima Johnston||Staff Well-Being||12 Sep 14||Jun 21||Co-opted|
|12 Sept 14||Feb 23||Co-opted|
|Mel Pearson||Curriculum||15 March 18||Mar 22||Parent Governor|
|Debbie Penglis||Data||12 Dec 16||Dec 20||Local Authority|
|Uloma Edomobi||01 Feb 18||Jan 22||Co-opted|
Key functions of the Governing Body (Curriculum & Attainment)
- Challenges attainment levels in the school. We receive reports from school leaders about how well children are doing and ask searching questions about how we can continually make this better. We oversee any changes to the curriculum or introduction of new teaching styles.
- Oversee the provision for pupils with additional and special educational needs and for looked after children and children in care.
- Review the procedures in place to ensure the safety of pupils.
- Monitor the provision of wraparound care (e.g. breakfast club, after school club). We also review the school's relationship with parents and the wider community.
Key functions of the Governing Body (Resource management)
- Oversees the financial management of the school. We work closely with the Head Teacher and the School Business Manager to ensure we spend our budget wisely and with the most impact on children's learning.
- Consider personnel issues, including the best staffing structure for the school, ensuring appropriate staff policies are in place and monitoring staff wellbeing.
- Review the health and safety proceedures in place.