Friends of Stroud Green
Friends of Stroud Green School is the Stroud Green Primary School Parent Teacher Association (PTA).
The Friends are made up of parents, carers and school staff who meet regularly to look at ways we can enhance the school and its community by:
- Fundraising for equipment and resources, which helps the school fund ‘extras’ for the children, like music lessons, art materials, play equipment and books.
- Running social events for parents and children to enable our families to come together, make friends and have some fun.
- Providing support and funding for school outings and other special events like dance and theatre workshops. This enables as many children as possible to partake through keeping costs down.
- Helping to organise and fund after-school clubs, for example: science, sport, music, dance and gardening. This enables the school to provide a wider range of activities for all children to enjoy.
The Friends is a registered charity (Charity Number 1112224). We raise all our money through running events (cake sales, fairs etc) and applying for grants. All the money raised directly benefits the children at our school, enhancing their learning and participation in both the school and the wider community.
You can support the Friends when you shop online with over 2,000 popular retailers, including Amazon, John Lewis and Sainsbury's via Easyfundraising! We have already raised over £2000 for the school using this tool. Click the banner below to see how you can effortlessly raise funds through your regular online purchases.
Levels of involvement
- Trustees: attend a meeting at the beginning of every half term to help plan activities and consider funding requests.
- Volunteers: contribute in many ways, from manning a stall at the fairs to baking for a class cake sale, to helping find funding grants, and supporting the school by attending social events.